Jose Garcia



Jose Garcia

Sand Series, 2017
Photography




Jose Luis Garcia’s Artist Statement:
“Every time I go through something scary, traumatic, I survive by taking pictures.” – Nan Goldin

This statement from Nan Goldin about the cathartic aspect of making photographs has influenced my artistic practice. I, too, create photographs that reflect on the passage of time. My work also deals with my identity and personal narratives; however, I have re-contextualized images as poetic investigations of memory and loss.

Jose Luis Garcia Bio:
Jose Luis Garcia is a Photo-Based Artist, who lives and works in Miami, FL. He received his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Art from New World School of the Arts / University of Florida. He is currently a 2nd-year candidate for the Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art from Florida International University.


Website:



Comments

Popular Posts