Forget Me Not

We mourn death, fearing the realm of unknown, a space where time, memory and spirit unify in a field of dreamlike sequences- where there is no beginning nor end.

Time folds onto itself, like cascading wrinkles, protecting seconds of detailed moments, that slipped away and became a faded memory.

As I studied Garcia’s photographs, my psyche travelled through foggy moments, connecting to seconds of intricate details, so precious and rich in meaning. The visions I saw materialized, and the curatorial gestures became a way to elicit the viewer into a space, permeated with markings, of the past and memorializing objects as a form of life.

We will always exist in time and space.


Forget Me Not.


Curator-
Belaxis Buil



“Every time I go through something scary, traumatic, I survive by taking pictures.” – Nan Goldin

This statement from Nan Goldin about the cathartic aspect of making photographs has influenced my artistic practice. I, too, create photographs that reflect on the passage of time. My work also deals with my identity and personal narratives; however, I have re-contextualized images as poetic investigations of memory and loss.

Jose Garcia

Visual Artist




Comments

Popular Posts